CIVND Video Network Devices
Edge IT Training and Consulting offers 1-week bootcamp covering the basic video network concepts from CIVND1 and CIVND2 where you’ll get hands-on experience with a Cisco DX70 endpoint, with updated software in the course manual and labs. VND is an updated product course that still provides a path for those pursuing Cisco Video Network Specialist and CCNA Collaboration certifications while also providing the updated product information needed to do your job today.
Video Network Devices (VND) covers the characteristics of video and unified collaboration solutions. It teaches students to assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution using the full line of announced Cisco products loaded with current software releases. This course describes the characteristics of integrating a video solution into a unified (voice & video) environment and enables students to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as coding options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components and their interactions, and requisites to the environment.
Video Network Devices (VND) is a 5-day instructor-led (ILT) class that offers students the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco Video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures, including Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS). This course describes Cisco business video solutions and enables students to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration and TelePresence in different Cisco business video solution architectures.
- 5 Days in class or virtual
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the characteristics of a video solution
- Evaluate the general requirements for video deployments including coding options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components.
- Evaluate environmental requirements.
- Describe the components and architectures of Cisco business video solutions.
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications and Cisco Collaboration video endpoints.
- Implement Cisco TelePresence video endpoints.
- Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco video endpoints.
WHAT YOU GET
- Expert instruction
- Access to learning lab
- Authorized offical courseware
- Electronic copy of the course manual
- 30-day Online Extras
- 1-year Sandbox access
- Examination fees included
CIVND COURSE OUTLINE
- Introduction to Video and Video Applications
- Video Technology Basics
- Video Protocols and Media
- Functional Components of Video Infrastructures
- Network Requirements of Video Solutions
- Cisco Video Solution Architecture Overview
- Environmental Requirements for Video Installations
- Installing Cisco TelePresence Endpoints and Profile Systems
- Cisco Business Video Solutions
- Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration Video Endpoints
- Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
- Multipoint Conferencing
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Field Engineers
- Help Desks
- Sales Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- System Administrators
- Channel Partners / Resellers
- Customers/ Employees
- Basic understanding of networking, computer hardware, and video
This course replaces:
- VIVND1 & VIVND2 (VIVND) – Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices (current software and new products make the VND bootcamp a more current alternative)
- TVS1 / PAIATVS1 – Implementing Advanced TelePresence Video Solutions Parts 1 (Discontinued)
- PAIUCMTV (Discontinued)
- UCM9VV (Discontinued)
Please Note: Students that register for class less than one week to the start of class, will receive only an electronic copy of the Student Guide. Students will still receive a printed copy of the Lab Guide. Refunds or reschedule requests will only be granted if Cancellation Insurance has been purchased. Refunds must be requested at least 15 days prior to the course start date.